North Shore Hand Therapy was established in 1992 by Susan Dunn who has worked as a Physiotherapist in the specialised field of hand therapy for more than 30 years. Our team now consists of highly experienced skilled hand therapists committed to providing evidence based services in a caring & effective way. All hand therapists in the practice are AHTA (Australian Hand Therapy Association) members and hence have extensive experience in the assessment, diagnosis and management of hand and upper limb pain or dysfunction.
We specialise in managing a wide range of hand & upper limb conditions in all age groups. These include:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tendonitis & overuse injuries
- Sporting & musician injuries
- Wrist & finger fracture management – including casts & splints
- Arthritis management
- Post-surgical management
To treat all hand and upper limb injuries in a timely and evidence based approach to ensure maximal return to function as soon as possible. To contribute to the education of our patients and the wider community to minimise the occurrence of these injuries in the future.
· Provide holistic and individualised patient care
· Communicate with other Health Professionals involved in your Healthcare where relevant
· Provide appropriate education and options for your Rehabilitation
· Prevent injuries through education and ensuring ongoing cognitive health